Sunday, July 20, 2008

Company Picnic

We had the opportunity to go to Andy's company picnic. We had a blast! It was held at Gondola Square in Steamboat Springs. The company foot the bill for free mountain bike rentals, free gondola rides, slides, bouncy houses, a bungee jump, all kinds of things. Unfortunately we got there about two hours late so the door prize of the 42 inch flat panel went to someone else. We have plans for next years' bash now that we know what to do. They had 50,000 dollars in prizes! It really was a lot of fun and we're glad we went. Andy never likes to go to work related functions but he may have changed his mind after today. We decided we want to go biking in the
mountains. It really looks like fun.


This slide was right by our table and Brayden loved it. I loved it too because I got to eat. He was easily entertained right by us.




We went on the gondola rides up the mountain. Ashlee wasn't so sure about riding in a box suspended from a cable, but we talked her into it and she ended up loving every minute. It was warm but
once we reached the top it was about 75 degrees verses 90 at the bottom of the mountain.



It was so beautiful from the gondolas. Katie really liked it too. She was such a good baby all day!
But really, she always is.





The views at the top of the mountain were breathtaking. You could bring your bike up in the gondola and ride down the mountain. I think that would be soooo fun. Although Andy saw some guy who biffed it and
he looked like ground beef. That wouldn't be so fun. But you can snow shoe up there, how fun would that be?!






Things are always fun on a big cushy slide.
Brayden liked going on his tummy, I guess so he couldn't see what was coming.













Ashlee and Gabe really liked the rock wall. Ashlee has been on one before however Gabe has not and we could hardly keep him away from it.
I really think we need a rock wall.








6 comments:

Tera said...

What a beautiful family! Katie is such a cutie. Sounds like a great weekend. How come JP's work never does things like that?

Shelly said...

Looks & sounds like everyone had a good time.

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog, I've been wanting to get in contact with you. You & Andy have a beautiful family~~I love your pictures! It reminds a bit of Sundance, UT~~so majestic! Sorry it took me a while to comment back, we were moving and just got internet today! I look forward to talking more with you!!

Stacey said...

Hi!!! Cute pictures of all the kids!! What a great company party!!
I love your blog background!

Shelly said...

Had to thank you for your comment. I really wasn't looking for anyone's Poor Shelly because I know that everyone has days when they think their life is nothing how they would like it to be. I hope things are going well for you today....tomorrow...and the next!
Love Ya all!

Matt said...

That look like it was so much fun!