Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Easter Day
Well Easter at our house was crazy this year. If you can't tell from my posts, I've been a little scrambled lately. So, I took it upon myself the day before to seem so shocked Saturday that Andy's birthday would be on Easter. I just can't believe it I said. His parents bought him a grill for his birthday and mine (which I let Andy have full reign over. I let him get whatever he wanted because after all if I were getting a new stove he probably would let me get whatever I wanted) and I asked him if that was enough for him to be getting his grill? He didn't think I had done anything for him for his birthday. About a month ago we were in Steamboat and in a store and he had found a Fossil watch he really wanted. Well, I found it in Salt lake and got it for him with some of my trip money. He was pretty surprised when he opened it. I also got him cologne, and a necklace like one he used to love but it had broken because he wore it all the time. He was pretty surprised and that was fun. Our kids always look forward to getting up and looking for their baskets. It is almost like Christmas morning. Katie had the ears of her bunny for breakfast and was really offended when I took it away. Preparing Easter/birthday dinner and trying to get ready for church, I ended up late. Andy went with the kids and I ended up about 30 minutes late to church. When it came time for classes, I got to teach the CTR 4 class. Our wards primary is too big for what they are used to and I have to say, I am so glad after almost 12 years of serving in primary I am so glad I was only a sub. The rest of the day was great. Because we have not had time, we colored eggs that night in Pjs. The kids were happy and didn't even ask about an egg hunt. I am so glad for this because I have really been trying to cut down on the sweets in the house and the candy is now all gone so I don't have to worry about it being around for months to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like a very busy day! At least you colored eggs with your kids, that is always a fun memory to have!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I bet Andy is cooking up a storm on his new grill. I too am trying to cut the sweets our of the house so I am glad the Easter Bunny didn't leave much - just enough to be consumed in one day. LOL =)
Way to go Carrie!
You are a good wife and Mom.
We are coming in May. Hope to see for Ruby's blessing.
Glad your family had a nice Easter Sunday. We did, too. Our family spent the evening at Tera's for dinner and an egg hunt. The kids had a blast looking for the eggs we adults had a blast hiding.
Happy Birthday to Andy! Sounds like you earned yourself lots of extra points with the gifts you got him, Carrie!
Post a Comment