Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas season is here

So I am finally willing to accept the Christmas season. I feel it has been shoved down my throat since about the time school started. You go to Walmart and nothing but christmas carols as you are walking down the isles. I think there is so much to still enjoy about fall and we have had such a beautiful long lasting fall. Andy has been working so hard with only 1 day off a week for the past 5 weeks and only has 1 week left of this schedule (we are hoping). Today my sweetheart got up from his slumber to escort me to a couple of girly shops and look at some Christmas decor. We then learned of the annual christmas parade happening in 1/2 hour so we came home bundled the kids up and went back for the parade. It is amazing how exciting it can be for these little children to have the most simple things brighten thier day. We got to watch all the lit floats and then Andy took the kids to get a rootbeer. Highlight of their week! They have not had soda for a long time so this was quite the treat. I am so grateful for the time we get to spend as a family together. Andy works so much it really makes me appreciate these small things where I don't have to drag the kids out solo and we can really enjoy one another.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Carrie! It's Carrie Allen!! I just stumbled across your blog and am SO excited! I was just blog browsing, OK snooping, and whatdya know! There was your name on someone else's blog who I don't even know, but found her's on my sister-in-law's. Crazy! YOur baby is so stinkin' cute! Can't believe how big the kids are! Come visit our blog. Carrieandcompany.gmail.com

The Burtons said...

Hi Carrie, It was great to talk with you this morning. WE MISS YOU ALL!! I sure hope we can meet in Cheyenne this weekend. We love all your pictures but sure would like to see some more!:) Check out our Vegas pictures: http://terrylynneburton.blogspot.com/