Thursday, March 12, 2009

Poor Andy!

So, we thought we were in the clear the other day. Andy was really well rested and he was able to go back to work. He is scheduled for grave yard this week and when he got home in the morning he was so pale he blended in with the white walls! I asked him what happened. He should not have gone back to work so soon. His job is so labor intensive that he had killed his progress. If you don't know, Andy is an underground coal miner. Have you ever stopped to think about where your energy comes from? Most of it is from coal and these guys work their butts off literally (I can say that since Andy has lost about 50 lbs. just from work alone) digging out energy to be burned. He was hanging cable which weighs about 50lbs. a foot over his head all night long in the depths of hell which sometimes reaches temps. of 130 degrees. He had lost 5 lbs. that night and I guess his body wasn't ready for that kind of over haul. We got him a blessing last night and his fever is down a little today but I don't know that he will be able to go back to work tonight either. He hasn't even moved. I have to say I love my husband so much. Ever since we got married he has worked so hard to provide for us. Given how young we were when we got married I have to say he has done such a good job. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for his family. I don't think I could work so hard through sickness. I had influenza last year when I was pregnant and I didn't even have it that bad since we caught it early but I was sure I was going to die! Poor Andy!

4 comments:

laurdacooj said...

poor guy! I always love when you post, but today is a sad one! Tell him were thinking of him and hoping he feels better soon:)

The Fergy Bunch said...

I'm impressed with the job he has and I'm sorry to hear he is not doing well. I hope he gets on his feet soon! The Lord will bless him because of his his love and desire to take care of his family. Good luck! I sure have missed you!

Tera said...

Oh, Poor Andy! Hope he feels better soon! And that no one else gets sick!

Cara said...

I will pray for Andy to get better. His job is certainly amongst the most dangerous and labor-intensive around. I am positive that it helps Andy to know that you recognize and appreciate how hard he works for your family.

Thanks for your note earlier this week. I am so glad to have made contact with you again! Our family is well, and we are happy here in Colorado. Can't wait till spring and summer, though! xoxo